The Nova Scotia Trail Patrol consists of certified volunteers across the province who monitor trail user activity and trail conditions to ensure all trail users have a safe and enjoyable outdoor recreational experience.
Our Trail Patrol are trail ambassadors who:
- Provide information and assistance to trail users
- Ensure a safe and enjoyable experience for trail users
- Educate trail users on good trail etiquette
- Help to uphold compliance with the law
- Protect the environment from user impact
- Respect landowner rights and interests
- Assist trail managers in the control of risk
Join the Trail Patrol
We are always looking for new volunteers to join the Trail Patrol. If you or members of your trail group would like to join the Trail Patrol, please complete the Trail Patrol application form and send it to us by email or regular mail.
The Trail Patrol certification program is a day-long workshop that is held across the province based on interest. We require a minimum of six workshop participants to arrange a workshop in a given area.
Current Trail Patrol Members
If you are an active Trail Patrol member and the date on your nametag is nearing expiry, please contact us.
Listed below are resources for the Nova Scotia Trail Patrol: